Follow by Email

I forgot how to write a song..!

Monday, February 18, 2013

[Happy February!]

It's Valentine's Day
Gusts of love-laden words
Should be rushing your way
I must have at least
a million poems to say
I wonder what's wrong?
Has it really been
so long?
Have I forgotten
How to write a song?


I'm not running out of themes
You made me dream
A few thousand dreams
You taught me
how to smile for no reason
How to read newspapers
How to cry and still feel joy
How to whistle, how to drive
How to talk my heart out
How to sneak out of home
How to play tic-tac-toe
How to simply love myself 
How to simply love you


And then it hit me, what's wrong.
I've been busy 
falling in love so long,
And I've forgotten
How to write a song.

1 comments:

vasumathi ramachandra said...

ಚನ್ನಾಗಿದೆ. ನೀನು ಪದ್ಯ ಬರೆಯೋದು ಮರೆತಿಲ್ಲ:)

Post a Comment