Where is all the green??

Monday, April 18, 2011


The last time I travelled by air was a long time ago so I don’t remember anything except the air sickness. So this time I lost no time enjoying the view outside the window. Intently following the map on the LCD screen before me, I enjoyed guessing whose head we might be flying over. It was hard because all we could see was the clouds spread like whipped cream delicately nestling our gigantic air bus.
So back to the point, as we were nearing out destination, I peered outside to catch the landing process. At first it was vast stretches of brown, then a few specks of white and blue here and there.
It was then I noticed, my eyes shuttling from the monitor to the window. The screen showed a physical map of India and a tiny shape of airplane indicating our location. And the place where the tiny airplane was, was completely green. I looked outside- where was all the green??
The little white building block structures became larger and larger but the soothing colour of mother earth’s delicate drapes became untraceable.
At an altitude of 1000km, my heart grew heavy, sank to the ground and broke to pieces.

0 comments:

Post a Comment