Blink

Wednesday, October 24, 2012


Blink
And there is a footstep I could follow.
Blink
And now there is just snow.
Blink
And there is a flash of light.
Blink
And it’s darker even more.

Where’s my big revelation
That I had a heartbeat ago?
Why, now, is everything dark,
And filled with snow?

Yesterday I complained,
Of a room too bright, a sweater too warm and light
Of soup too tasty and bread to fluffy and white!
Today I sit, cold and confused
Alone, my unhappy mind left loose.
I muse
About yesterday and all that I had,
“How imperfect it was, so bad!
How could I be happy?
I have so much to lose!”

Blink
And I had it all, but I complain.
Blink
And I lose it all and complain again.
Blink
And the light and footprints disappear,
Blink
And I’m left clueless again.


(This is just the sensible part of my mind yelling at the other, whiny unhappy part of my mind.. nothing too serious!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment